What a difference a day makes. I left the trail with a slight head ache yesterday. That is not that unusual after a long day hiking. Sometimes no matter how much you think you are hydrating, it is just not enough. We went to sleep and I soon was awakened by a splitting head ache.
The head ache continued to worsen; my neck became sore and stiff; my joints began throbbing. I started shivering and began running a low grade fever. By morning, I was a wreck! The most severe symptom was my head ache, nearly unbearable, and no relief with medication.
Stosh and I decided to go to urgent care. I have, after all, removed three ticks that I know of and I would rather be safe than sorry. Two hours later, the doctor agreed that I most likely have Lyme Disease. They did rule out strep, but after extensive assessment, Lyme is the most logical conclusion. There is a blood test, but it would not show positive for three to four weeks, and by that point, damage can be done.
So I am taking a three week course of antibiotics and should start feeling better within 3 to 4 days. Not soon enough. Through the day, I have continued to feel worse. Stosh and I returned to the city, and I am curled up in his bed, acting fairly pathetic. Poor Stosh! I am trying not to stress out about yet-another set back. I am waiting until tomorrow to try to make decisions. Hopefully, the fog that my brain is in will have cleared, and I will be able to decide my best course of action.